Friday, August 21, 2015

no teaser


called out
for teasing with my words
a faker fashioning phrases
to lure a trusting mind
into my poetic snare

I’d rather be
a magician pulling a thesaurus
out of a hat

a dreamer catching a falling star
holding its rhyme
in a Mason jar

a lamplighter reaching
up to light a circle
of night air
a patch of dark ground
a way home

but not a teaser
keeping a secret
or trying to deceive
with my images that anyone may see

my metaphors as deep as a mirror…

Barry DeCarli
August 15-21, 2015
On Hammond Pond
©2015 Barry DeCarli
draft #4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Available Now! Camouflage of Noise and Silence, My New Collection of Poetry

  My 3rd Collection of Poems Camouflage of Noise and Silence   was published on August 7, 2020 Available here at barrydecarlipoetry.com $...